One Word... Me

Don't you love a new year? It's a fresh start, a new beginning. Everything looks so exciting and anything is possible. For like a week, maybe two. Then reality hits. The goals and resolutions you started on slowly go by the wayside. By February, it's over. Things are back to normal.

Turns out, I am not that person. I don't do well with resolutions, SMART goals, or even the #OneWord focus that is so popular. I need more accountability. I need instant feedback. But mostly, I need to stop adding things to my already full plate. Instead of taking on more, which is how I perceive a resolution, I need to do less.

So that's my plan for this year. It's not about weight loss. It's not about healthy choices. It's not about saying no at work. It's about me, myself, and I.

What's in my 2020 vision? Me. It sounds selfish. It probably is. I am going to work on me. Blogging is one part. Exercise is another. Streamlining at work. Finding the balance I need to be my best self.

We can't take care of others until we take care of ourselves. I didn't work over the holiday break. No email. No PD books. I did things for me. It was glorious. It was selfish. It was needed.

Comments

Popular Posts