Sanity Among the Chaos

I am changing my blog source, so this is a repost from me. 

October is always a rough month for anyone who works in a school. It’s the end of the first quarter. There hasn’t been a holiday in awhile. Creativity is wavering. Routine has become well, routine. The weather is getting cooler (not in Florida LOL), which just makes you want to be outside. We’ve all been there.  Sometimes even pumpkin spice doesn’t even make it better.
On days like this, I turn to my people. My tribe. My squad. My sanity. They lift me up, they keep me going. I don’t know about you but at my school, the word “relationships” comes up a lot. Build relationships with your advisory, build relationships with your students. What happened to build relationships with your colleagues?
Education is naturally isolating, especially the higher level you teach. It is so important to get out of your room and talk to others. Often this talk starts with a common problem, a student, a class, or a broken copier. After a time, those talks turn more meaningful and move to topics outside of work.
This is the goal. Work can’t consume you. It isn’t healthy. You need a break from it. It’s okay to walk away. This is where your people come in to help.
Things I Look to My People For:
  • Distraction
  • Laugh
  • Shoulder to lean on
  • Inspiration
  • Reflection
  • Ear to listen
  • Chocolate
The best thing about my people is that it is a two-way street. I give just as much as I get. Well, at least I hope I do! Together, we make each other better. Everyone needs a wingman.
A giant shout out to my sanity among the chaos!
Thank you for listening.
Thank you for making me better.
Thanks for being you.

Comments

Popular Posts